Friday, March 9, 2012

Tangy Glazed Pork Loin

 I love a good pork loin roast. If done properly, it will be very moist and tender, and with this wonderful glaze it will become heaven on a plate!  My husband and I practically licked our plates clean with this roast. The glaze is made with vinegar, soy sauce and sugar, so it's rich, sweet and tangy. The sage and garlic from the rub add wonderful flavor also.
My pictures don't do it justice, as the day was so dark and stormy, so there was not good light anywhere. But the taste was fantastic and that's what matters. This Tangy Glazed Pork Loin is a company worthy roast dinner.
 I found the recipe from Kay at the Church Cook. I don't know if you have visited her blog, but she cooks huge quantities of food for her church family, but usually gives the recipe for family size meals too. Her pictures and recipes are drool-worthy. I hope you'll give this recipe a try. I think you'll really like it!
Tangy Glazed Pork Loin
From Kay @ The Church Cook
Recipe from Ann Voskamp's book, The Spirit of Food
(I have not read this book)
NOTE: The recipe was for a 5 pound roast, but I used a small 2 1/4 pound roast for just my husband and I. Therefore I halved the recipe.

Ingredients:
For roast and rub-
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
about a 2 1/2 pound pork loin roast, trimmed of any silver skin or tough membrane

Glaze ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup vinegar - I used white vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Let roast come almost to room temperature before roasting. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place roast in a roasting pan. Mix rub ingredients together and sprinkle or rub all over the roast. Place pork loin in the oven and roast uncovered. About 30 minutes before the roast is done, you will baste it with the glaze several times. My small roast was done in about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the roast cooks to  at least 145 degrees F. Mine went to 150, or a tad more, which was perfect for us.

To make glaze:
Stir together glaze ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat stirring until it thickens, remove from heat. Baste roast with glaze several times during the last 30 minutes of baking.
When done, remove pork loin from oven and tent loosely with foil. Let the meat rest about 15-30 minutes, before cutting into it. If using a much larger roast, let it rest longer.  Add some more glaze before carving. Enjoy!

Try my other pork roasts!
Orange-Glazed Pork Loin Roast
Adobo-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Pineapple Salsa

6 comments:

  1. My family adores pork roast, and your recipe sounds fabulous! Must try before it gets too warm to have the oven on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this pork recipe. My husband would swoon over it. Delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that looks so delicious Lynda ~ it would be a big hit at my house. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I see lots of mouthwatering temptations on your lovely blog. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! That glaze....yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe sounds divine, I love tangy glazes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is such simplicity in a pork loin roast - I do love them for their ease and the way the rubs and glazes can change and mix it up. A most tasty and savory offering.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!