Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

If you are looking for a really delicious slow cooker recipe, this is the one for you. This Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki uses boneless chicken thighs and is so easy to throw together. It doesn't take long to cook though, so this is not a recipe that you can leave cooking all day long. Your kitchen will smell amzing. I have made this twice so far and my husband and I have savored every bite. My thanks to Penny at Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen for this tasty recipe. I hope you'll stop by to see her fantastic blog and also give this recipe a try. It is the best crock pot chicken recipe I've ever had. With an Asian flavor, it's not too sweet or too salty. It's just right.

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
From Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen
My only change was to add more garlic and I used low sodium soy sauce.

12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
5 teaspoons cornstarch
5 teaspoons cold water
Hot cooked rice
Sliced green onions or chives for garnish

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper in a bowl and pour over the chicken. Cook on low 4-5 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot. Pour the hot liquid into a sauce pan. Skim off any fat. Bring juices to a boil. Combine the water and cornatarch and whisk into the simmering liquid. Cook a couple minutes until slightly thickened. Serve over chicken and rice. Adding sliced green onions as a garnish really adds to the dish. Enjoy!

NOTE: I made this with only 8 thighs and it worked just fine. It did take less time to cook though; about 3 1/2 hours. It will depend on your crock pot.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds good, Lynda. It's so nice to use the crock pot and have everything done at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I can just taste it now!! thank you for this recipe...yummy and easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saucy! this is a great recipe, lynda--even without tasting it, i know it'd be something i'd really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am looking for an easy crockpot recipe to see more through the weekdays. Yes, I love Teriyaki. Yes, I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks amazing. i just had a baby and am looking for crockpot recipes. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, crock pot meals will make life a bit easier for you with a new baby.Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. What a delicious meal - the crockpot makes cooking so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynda, Glad you like this recipe. It is amazing what a response it has received. Thanks for the link back. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made this today. It was delicious!!! My very picky son went from looking at it with disgust and upset I was making him eat it to asking for seconds, then thirds. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I'm so glad that you and your son enjoyed this! I have 2 sons who were very picky when they were small, so I know how nice it is when they go back for seconds! Thankyou for the comment.

      Delete
  9. I have a question, the recipe calls for sugar but I do not see when in the cooking instructions to add the sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! Add the sugar with the rest of the ingredients. Thanks for catching my omission. I've included it in the recipe and thank you so much for visiting!

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!