Monday, November 23, 2009

Are you ready for Thanksgiving?

Fruit Salad with Apples and Pomegranate

Do you have your Thanksgiving dinner plans finalized? If not, my Fruit Salad with Apples and Pomegranate is a delicious side dish. Here's some other ideas for the big dinner:
Cranberry Apple Relish


BROCCOLI SALAD

GREEN BEAN ALMONDINE


PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING


I just started my blog about 1 year ago, so last year I had very few holiday recipes on here. I still have a lot to add, but maybe I can help you out. These are some last minute ideas to check out, along with my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar, Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad, Apple Cake, and maybe a Four Layer Pudding Dessert. Check through my sides dishes on the side bar for other ideas. I'm doing as much as possible ahead of time so that Thanksgiving won't be stress-out time! The turkey is thawing in the refrigerator, and I'm making rolls and the Cranberry Apple Relish right now. More Later!


15 comments:

  1. Lynda, reading through the various Thanksgiving dinner menus that have been posted, it makes me wish I could be a part of them all. For each has a family tradition and dishes that makes this holiday, more than any other, a day of honored memories & blessings. You have some wonderful dishes here that I would thoroughly enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything here! the fruit salad and brocolli salad specially..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You provided us with some wonderful choices, one more beautifully photographed than the next. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm I wish more people made broccoli salad for thanksgiving! Its FAR better than green bean casserole!
    -Mini Baker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, Tell the truth now -- do you really like those little pomegranate seeds in your fruit salad? They're just a bit too crunchy for me, though I know they're terribly good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your family will be eating well! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, truthfully, I do like the pom seeds; I buy the pomegranates for my daughter and I. We like to open them and share the seeds. Since my son does not enjoy them, I don't always add these arils to the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Thanksgiving menu is set, but I did check your old post for the four later pudding cake... Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Everything here looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!Those are some great side dishes! I love the fruit salad. It looks so fresh! I also copied down your Broccoli Salad. It looks so delicious!!! Thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. have a wonderful thanksgiving, lynda! that food looks so tasty and homey, perfect for a special meal. my favorite to look at would have to be the fruity salad--those colors and shapes are exquisite together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynda, these Thanksgiving dishes look amazing! I just love it. I need to be eating at your house this year :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All those dishes look fantastic!Pumpkin bread pudding sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them all - really want to try the pumpkin bread pudding. Really. So will. happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynda, these are all top drawer! What a feast for the eyes as well as the belly. YUM YUM YUM

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!