Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oven Roasted Carrots

My favorite way to prepare many vegetables is by roasting them in the oven. It gives them a sweetness that they may not have otherwise. Carrots are fantastic roasted, either until they are tender crisp, or even until more tender. The only thing you have to be careful of is not to burn them. Since they have a naturally high sugar content, carrots will burn if roasted too long, or at too high a temperature. If you haven't tried roasting carrots yet, now is the time to try. I think you'll love their great flavor, plus they are so healthy and very reasonably priced. Carrots are a very affordable side dish, which will go with about anything. Here's the easy method.

Oven Roasted Carrots
1 pound carrots, peeled, and sliced about 1/2-3/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley, optional, as a garnish-I like them with fresh parsley the best, but used thyme this time

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sliced carrots on a baking dish, add the Olive oil, and stir carrots to coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven 30 minutes or more, depending on how large you carrots are. I roasted these large carrots about 35 minutes. Check them several times and turn with a spatula. Remove from oven when done. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I agree! I have discovered that there isn't a vegetable around that I didn't like it oven roasted! Yours is a beautiful bowl of carrots! Bugs Bunny would be happy to see this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear for roasting vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with you Lynda - oven roasted veggies are just so darned good!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!