Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Oven Roasted Asparagus

I'm always so happy to see fresh asparagus at my supermarket early in spring. It's delicious and so easy to cook, that I probably fix it too often. I love serving it for Easter too. When oven-roasted, this healthy veggie is full of flavor and it bakes in just a few short minutes. If you haven't tried this method, it's time you did! It's so easy you really don't need a recipe, but here are some guidelines.

Oven-Roasted Asparagus
From Lynda's Recipe Box

1 pound asparagus- I only used 1/2 pound for 2 of us
Coarse Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Wash and dry the asparagus and spread it out on a baking sheet.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle the asparagus with olive oil. It will depend on how mush you are cooking, but for 1 pound I usually use 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss together until asparagus is oil covered. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake until asparagus if tender crisp, or to desired tenderness. (I poke it with a fork.) I baked these spears 9 minutes, but it often takes longer is the spears are larger. Watch carefully! Enjoy!
Note: Fresh lemon juice squeezed over the asparagus after it comes out of the oven adds some great flavor too.

7 comments:

  1. For those who've never eaten it really fresh, they can't believe the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right Larry! It can be an overcooked mess if cooked too long. Asparagus needs hardly any cooking time.

      Delete
  2. I have never tasted asparagus, but this looks easy and good, healthy too

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family love asparagus & I have made it many ways. This recipe is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly how I make it...love it too! and somehow it makes everything else look pretty too!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not crazy about steamed asparagus, but roasting the spears does something magical to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, so fresh and vibrant. Love the flavors, definitely making this delicious

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!