Sunday, February 19, 2012

Aspargus, Ham and Fried Egg Stacks for Brunch

 I have news today. I have purchased my own domain so I am now Lynda's Recipe Box dot com! I had thought about it for awhile and am glad I did it. Those of you who have subscribed to my site should not have any trouble recieving my posts, according to Google, but if you do, let me know.
Now to the food. Boy was this small meal delicious. I've made it for breakfast and for dinner lately when I was alone for a meal. My husband hasn't been interested so far, but that just leaves more for me! So easy to put together and it tastes fantastic. My egg looks rather bad because I spooned hot butter over the top of it when it was cooking. I wasn't thinking how it would look in pictures, but trust me it tasted great. I'd been lazy making breakfast lately, giving in to a bowl of cold cereal for several weeks. I guess I finally got hungry for a good morning meal again after reading Larry's breakfast posts. I've been looking for different ways to prepare asparagus when I came across this idea. It was love at first bite. It will be my lunch tomorrow also. I hope you'll give this Asparagus, Ham and Fried Egg Stack a try.
Asparagus, Ham and Fried Egg Stacks
from Lynda's Recipe Box- the idea came from here

No recipe needed really. I put about an inch of water in a skillet and brought it to a boil. Cook the asparagus in the boiling water for 1-2 minutes, until crisp tender, then drain. In a skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon butter and lightly brown ham. Remove ham, reduce heat and add 1 egg to skillet. I cooked it sunny side up so the yolk would be runny and I think that's the best way, but cook it anyway you wish. Place ham on plate and stack with the asparagus and egg. Salt and pepper to taste. I'm sure you can tell I like pepper. Enjoy this meal any time of day!
What are some of your favorite ways to prepare asparagus?

8 comments:

  1. When I was growing up Mom always cooked eggs in bacon grease (and pretty well everything else) and they were cooked sunny side up and basted with the grease. They always looked just like yours and it's a look I can appreciate. I'd cook them that way now if I wasn't already taking cholesterol medication. I love your very classy meal. Thanks for the mention of my blog and glad it inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fried eggs with runny yolks can sit atop anything and make it sensational...even asparagus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw the picture I thought Larry was beginning to rub off on you LOL!! Seriously though, I love fresh asparagus so this is right up my alley. Still can't get my hubby to try it though, suppose I never will. I mostly eat them steamed or roasted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great breakfast this would be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - this does look grand! Love all the flavors. And that extra pat of butter at the end - wonderful! Congrats on the domain. I think about that for my writing website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breakfast is my fave meal of the day, but this would be great for dinner too, esp. with that butter---it's literally over the top goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a fantastic breakfast. I've just started cooking asparagus on the grill. Gives it a great smoky flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great combination of flavors. this is a very good breakfast for dinner!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!