Friday, April 2, 2010

Side Dishes for Easter Dinner!

I don't know why, but I can always decide what meat to serve for a meal, but side dishes take more planning sometimes. I like to try to balance the carbs in a meal and make sure that I have plenty of colorful and delicious vegetables on the table. I don't like a meal that's all in the same color group! So here's some ideas, if you haven't finished your grocery shopping, for your Easter sides. Above is Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar. Such a delicious, but yet easy dish!
My Macaroni Salad is a perfect addition to any meal and has lots of crunchy veggies. It's also wonderful to take to potlucks. I can make a meal of it alone.

Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes are so delicious served with any meat entree, and they are easy to make. With butter, sour cream and herbs, what's not to like?
For many other ideas for sides for Easter dinner, or any other meal, scroll down to my side bar and click on side dishes.
Sorry that I've not posted new recipes this week. I've not felt well enough to eat, much less cook, but am better this evening. I've got to get better as I have a ham to cook! Happy cooking my friends!


9 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful, of course!! But you know what? Just fuggetaboutit with trying to balance a holiday meal! Just enjoy.

    Happy Easter. Hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The macaroni and potatoes are most applealing to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. The asparagus is beautiful and in season now! The potatos are good with anything! You just take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly will have a portion of each :-). They all look wonderful and perfectly seasonal. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Eastern from Hamburg Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I have a ham but no real clue what I want to serve with it. Luckily it's I only have one of my brothers and his wife to be coming over.
    ~ingrid

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sides! You can't go wrong with asparagus (unless my dad is eating there) and mashed potatoes are heaven on a plate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your four layer pudding dessert sounds wonderful.I cannot seem to find the recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, the link wasn't working- click on the picture and it should work now, or go to the tags and click on desserts-it will be toward the end. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!