Thursday, February 26, 2009

Vegetable Saute; Dinner Alone

A few days ago I went to a nearby town to do some shopping and just to enjoy the warmer weather we've had the past week. I had a wonderful afternoon of browsing and topped it off with my favorite Starbucks drink on the way home! I knew I would be home alone for dinner and that doesn't bother me, but I wanted something good and didn't want to make a mess! So, rummaging through the fridge I came up with this veggie saute, a one pan meal with stuff just hanging out in the crisper! Here's what I used this time. 1 small zucchini squash, diced
1 baby Yukon Gold potato, that had already been cooked, sliced
some chopped onion
1/2 chopped bell pepper
5-6 baby cut carrots, quartered
1 egg, scrambled
In a small skillet in about 1 tbs. olive oil I sauteed the squash, onion, bell pepper and carrots for about 5 min., then added the sliced potato and cooked until veggies were tender crisp and potato was browned. I pushed the vegetables to the side of the pan and added a bit more oil and poured in the egg. Stir it around till done and then stir it in with the veggies. I added kosher salt, pepper and a pinch of thyme. Voila! Dinner for one is served! It really was good, would have been even better with asparagus, but I didn't have any. I had some crusty bread to top it off and my tummy was happy! Are there times when you eat alone? What do you eat? Salad, sandwich, or something that no one else in your family will eat? Your comments are very appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a super dinner. I seldom dine alone, but if I did it would probably be leftovers from some other dinner that I had previously frozen. I'm pretty lazy about cooking for myself.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!