Monday, June 25, 2012

Homemade Lemonade

A tall glass of lemonade is what is needed in this hot weather. The temperatures have been climbing and it has reached 103 degrees today, so Homemade Lemonade has really hit the spot. It isn't hard to make, but you will need alot of lemons. Your reward is a delicious, tangy and refreshing drink.
I'm keeping this post short today. We are expecting a new grandbaby to be born this week. Labor is to start Wednesday morning, unless baby decides to come earlier. We are so excited to say the least! My mind is thinking only baby thoughts today, but I wanted to share a cooling refreshment with you too. Have a great day! Try to stay cool if you are experiencing this heat wave too.

Homemade Lemonade
Adapted from Gina Neely

Make a simple syrup by mixing-
1 cup almost boiling water
1 cup granulated sugar
Mix the two together until the sugar is desolved. Let cool.

To 2 quart pitcher add;
6 cups cold water
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
the cooled syrup
Mix and chill well. Serve over ice.
The recipe calls for 1 lemon to be sliced and added to the lemonade as well. You may need to add another cup of cold water with the lemon slices.
I loved this as made, but my husband prefers it a bit sweeter. So you may have to adjust the sweetness, tartness to your own tastes. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Homemade lemonade! What a treat. There isn't anything more thirst quenching than a tall, frosty glass. It makes me pucker just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM,...Home-made lemonade! Wgat a real treat! :)
    It is so refreshing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade lemonade!perfect drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this isnt the right place to compliment your blog in general, but I couldnt find a contact page, anyway, I just found your blog while searching a recipe, and I am so excited to try so many of the great looking recipes on here, the pics are amazing, congrats on a great blog, Id love to have one like it. glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. i fear that very few people actually make lemonade from scratch anymore, and that's a shame because it's not hard and it's so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!