Saturday, May 12, 2012

Treats for Mother's Day

 Mother's Day is here again! Where does the time go?  I thought I'd share a quick post to give you some ideas for Mother's day treats.  Many families celebrate with brunch, which I think is so nice. We have never done that ,as we are always scurrying around getting ready for church on Sunday mornings. But I always try to have some homemade muffins or a quick bread to eat on the way out. Here are just a few of my favorites, like the Strawberry Yogurt Muffins in the picture above.
 I love these delicious Chocolate Chip Scones from an older post of mine. Mom always deserves chocolate, even for a morning treat! They are soft and buttery on the inside and crisp on the outside, and so good with a cup of coffee.
And I love quick breads. This Very Moist Banana Bread is my late Mother-in-Laws recipe and it is so moist and full of banana flavor. It really is addictive.
I have so many recipes that would be perfect for mother's Day. Click my breakfast/brunch ideas to find more delicious options for your special mom.
My Mother's Day will be celebrated tonight with our kids and their spouses and our grand kids. My oldest son is grilling and there will be plenty of side dishes. If you need ideas, click for side dishes.
If you don't live near your mother, be sure to give her a call. Let her know how special she is. Happy mother's Day to all you mothers and grandmothers who stop by. I love that you take time to stop by and visit me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you!
    Those scones look extremely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so special. I can never - ever - resist a scone! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!