Thursday, April 21, 2011

Strawberry Yogurt Muffins

If you like strawberries and you like muffins with a healthy twist, you should like these Strawberry Yogurt Muffins.  I am re-posting these delicious muffins because they would be a great addition to your Easter or Mother's Day brunch, or breakfast any other day. Just because they are lower in fat doesn't mean there is any less flavor. I use more strawberries than called for in the original recipe which makes them extra yummy.
I hope you'll give these a try.
I will be gone for a few days as my husband and I are taking a short trip. We are celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary! Actually it was a couple of weeks ago and we are just now getting around to it. So, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and I'll be back in a few days catching up with all your fantastic recipes. Now here's my recipe!

STRAWBERRY YOGURT MUFFINS
adapted from this recipe

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour- original recipe uses 1 cup
1/2 cup whole wheat flour- original recipe uses 1 cup
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cups chopped strawberries- I use about 1 1/2 c.
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl mix the flours, sugar and baking soda. Add in the chopped strawberries and stir just to coat. In another bowl, mix the eggs and yogurt, then add the melted butter and vanilla and mix. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir in. Don't over mix; batter will be thick. Distribute batter among 12  greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Hope you enjoy these delicious treats!

NOTE: If you are using cup cake liners, you may want to lightly spray them with cooking spray (PAM), as the muffins will stick to the papers at first. Or, just spray the muffin tin and don't use liners.

8 comments:

  1. These look great. I have been posting and haven't had breakfast yet. Would love to have a cup of hot coffee and a couple of muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, they look wonderful and you are absolutely right - they would be perfect for an Easter brunch. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like strawberries and I like yogurt and I love muffins, so I'm sure this recipe is for me :-)

    God bless and have a wonderful Easter :-)

    ~Ron
    *******

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. I love muffins with yogurt in them. Makes them so moist

    ReplyDelete
  5. These muffins welcome spring - so pretty and sweet with the tang of the yogurt. Yes, a must try. Happy anniversary and Happy Easter! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do love strawberries and muffins with a healthy twist! Those are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. strawberries simply don't find their way into baked goods often enough. lovely muffins, lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great muffin. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!