Monday, August 16, 2010

BLT Sandwiches with Avocado and Red Onion

The continuing blazing hot weather has left me with little desire to actually cook. I know I'm not the only one struggling here, so sandwiches, salads and one pan meals are all I've been making. I'm just trying to keep the house cool, so I don't use the stove anymore than I have to. Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches are always good when you have some juicy homegrown tomatoes to use. I decided to add avocado and red onion slices to it and the sandwich was even better.
Of course, you don't need a recipe for this.
All you need is 2 slices of bread, toasted- or not if you prefer
several slices of crisp bacon
sliced tomatoes
thin onion slices
avocado slices
mayonnaise
Assemble sandwich and devour!
What do you like to eat when the temperatures soar to 100 degrees?

11 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things to make when my tomatoes are ripe is a BLT. Love the addition of avocado and onions. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are quick to make and yet so delicious and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I have not had one for quite some time. I am having a BLT for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't go for a blt--the combination doesn't work for me, oddly enough. usually, what'll simply satisfy my cravings is fresh, juicy tomato on toast. i'll add a plop of mayo if i'm feeling frisky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sandwich with avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful sandwich. Amen to not having to turn the stove on too often. This summer has been horrid. If I recall, the winter was freezing here in Florida and I thought it would never get warm again. What was I thinking? (laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious! I love a good BLT and the addition of avocado sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummie, love the way you prepared the BLT...can I have a bite?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our garden tomatoes are ripe now. I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When temps go up, I just do all of my cooking outside. Seems to make it feel that much cooler inside.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!