Sunday, June 7, 2009

California Kabobs

Over the weekend, I decided I wanted to grill some kabobs, but I haven't made them in years. I remembered that Heidi at, Tried and True Cooking with Heidi, had posted a recipe in the last week, so I decided to try them, as they looked especially good! I already had an assortment of veggies, and some sirloin steak in the fridge, so I was set to go. I used zucchini, mushrooms, onion wedges, bell peppers, grape tomato, pineapple and even a little asparagus that I had left. I marinated the meat for about 3 hours and put it on wooden skewers alternately with the veggies and grilled them over a hot grill, maybe 5 minutes per side, some a little longer. They are delicious! The meat was tender and had a wonderful flavor, and of course grilled vegetables are always good. Try them, you'll like them!
CALIFORNIA KABOBS
1/3 cup lemon juice (I used lime juice; I was out of lemons)
2 tbs. oil
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp hot sauce (I used 1/4)
3/4 pound steak, cut in cubes
Cut your steak in pieces and put into a large resealable bag. Mix together the rest of ingredients, add some salt and pepper and pour 1/4 cup of the marinade into the bag with the meat.Reserve the remaining marinade to brush over kabobs when assembled. Seal bag and place in fridge for at least 2 hours, longer if you have the time. When ready to grill place steak on skewers along with veggies of choice, brush with the reserved marinade, and grill over a hot fire until done. Enjoy! NOTE: Bamboo skewers need to soak in water 2 hours before using or they will burn!

I served the California Kabobs with baked beans, grilled pineapple and rolls. It was a great summer meal, very tasty and easy to put together. Thanks, Heidi!


19 comments:

  1. I love kabobs! I know what I want to make this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always taught it was rude to invite yourself to dinner. I may do it anyway. This all looks delicious. What time do we eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kabobs are fun aren't they? Love the presentation. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kebabs, and these look fantastic. How perfect for a summer BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. food on a stick is always more appealing to me than the same food merely on a plate. i don't know why. great kabobs, lynda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe! I love making kabobs in the summer months! Great photo of them on the grill, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds good, I havent made Kabobs in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did kebabs today too! (although mine were greek style)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like they're done to perfection! Great idea for a summer grill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious - isn't grilled pineapple the best?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the flavors sound delicious. Your kebabs are PERFECT!!! They are definitly on my "must" make list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kebabs are a definite favorite with us. These look and sound scrummy, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love kebabs...these look mighty tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kabobs are a wonderful grill meal. they look so savory!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look so good... much better than my sad looking ones! I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those kabobs looks perfect for dinner..

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your kabobs - they look just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! I wanjt these now. Great kabobs. Time to fire up the grill!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!