Monday, March 30, 2009

Strawberry and Pomegranate Smoothie

I hope everyone is doing well after these winter storms have gone through. We had lots of snow on Saturday, but it stayed warm enough that the snow melted as it fell. But I know many of you probably still have the white stuff! How much did you get? I hope this was the last winter weather for this season! Now, for a recipe. I love a good smoothie. Not only do these Strawberry and Pomegranate Smoothies taste good but it just makes me feel better knowing that I drank something that is so healthy! The folks at POM WONDERFUL contacted me to see if I would want to try their juice. Since I love Pomegranates, I was happy to try it. Pomegranates are full of antioxidants that are good for our bodies, plus they just taste so good! I love to break open the fruit and pull out those delicious juice filled seeds. I use them in fruit salads, but now we can use the juice for cooking other dishes.POM WONDERFUL is 100% pomegranate juice, no fillers at all,and it comes from California, not imported. You can find a lot of recipes and other info at http://www.pomwonderful.com/ . And, no, I'm not being paid to say this. Now, back to this yummy smoothie. I sent my daughter off to college with one this morning. She has a habit of not eating breakfast unless I put something in her hand. It was hard getting a good picture as it is so dark and gloomy outside which makes it that way inside as well. This is a very tasty smoothie, but next time I make it I'll use a bit more Pom juice. It's very easy to make, so grab your blender and get ready!

Strawberry and Pomegranate Smoothie
In a blender add:
2 ounces Pomegranate juice
1 cup of strawberries
1 6 ounce container of strawberry yogurt, that has been frozen(if desired)
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
hand full of crushed ice
Blend well, pour in glasses and enjoy!
I think that the next time we make this I'll try blueberry. It sould be really good too.
Do you ever use pomegranates in your cooking?

11 comments:

  1. i am so lucky to live on an island that produces as many of these luscious fruits as my hart desires - i simply love pomegranates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pomegranates, but living in the middle of know where I don't get to eat them often. This sounds so great. I love smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, you are so fortunate to have so many fresh pomegranates!
    Heidi, thanks for visiting! I can't always find pomegranates either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pomegrante juice; I just used in a strawberry pie I made; swapped out the water for pomegrante. Divine!

    I think the smoothie is a terrific idea as well. I'm going to give that a try as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love smoothies - the flavors are great in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smoothie looks delicious! I was contacted by the POM people also and hopefully I will get their juice too so I will definitely be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific looking smoothie. Smoothies are so versitile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think smoothies are the best way to really load in your antioxidants for the day. They are my favorite breakfast on hotter summer mornings. Hope your weather has turned around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your smoothie! I have made banana & pomegranate smoothie before so I will love this one,...mmmmmmmmmm....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These people contacted me too, and I didn't take them up on their offer, now I'm thinking perhaps I should have done. Your smoothie sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds delicious and I've got some POM juice in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!