Thursday, April 29, 2010

Honey and Butter Glazed Baby Cut Carrots

I'm addicted to baby cut carrots. I love their sweetness, the crunch, and they make a tasty, healthy snack, or a quick side dish that goes with just about any meal. They are delicious cooked tender crisp, or even cooked until completely tender. I enjoy them tender crisp, but others in my family prefer them very tender. However you like them, a glaze of butter and honey just makes them that much better! Give them a try.

HONEY and BUTTER GLAZED BABY CUT CARROTS

1 pound baby cut carrots
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
pinch of salt
chopped parsley for garnish, if desired

In a large saucepan, add water to about 1/2 inch depth. Bring water to a boil and add a couple pinches salt. Add the carrots to the pan, and bring back to a boil. Lower heat and cover. Simmer for about 5 - 1o minutes, depending on how well cooked you want the carrots. Use a fork to poke the carrots to test for doneness. When done to your liking, drain the water from the carrots. Over low heat add the butter and honey to the carrots and simmer a minute or two until carrots are glazed. Serve hot, garnished with parsley. Enjoy!

REMINDER! Tomorrow, April 30th, is the deadline for any submissions to April's Family Recipes. If you have a recipe that has been enjoyed by your family for a long time we'd love to see it. You may still submit recipes until midnight, April 30th, EST USA. Please send me an email with the URL of your post to whatscookin52 at sbcglobal dot net. Thanks!

16 comments:

  1. forget the parsley--toss in some cinnamon, and i'd eat an entire batch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple perfect recipe. Honey and carrots - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that really looks nice. Honey and carrots go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrots are one of my favorite veggies, just the way you prepared them. They have so much flavor that they don't need much else. And they're so good for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple recipe, but beautiful and delicious. I've made this and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby carrots are just so delicious with honey and butter, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The simplicity shows off the sweetness of the carrots. How lovely they are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know why I like the "baby cut" version so much better than the large variety, but you can always find a bag of these in our crisper drawer. I only buy the large variety when I'm making a stew type of dish. This is truely a timeless recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These remind me of the carrots my Mom makes! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today must be my lucky day, because I just happened upon your blog. Now I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never would eat cooked carrots as a kid - perhaps because my mother always used canned ones? IDK, but I LOVE fresh cooked carrots! They have a sweetness that is irresistable! I'm sure the honey butter glaze makes them even more delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm! Those carrots sound yummy. I like my veggies crunchy too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been making a batch of honey and butter glazed baby carrots whenever we're grilling or roasting. It really complements as a side dish for any grilled or roasted meat. I always choose the freshest carrots. I also use clover creamed honey for it. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gina-so glad you are enjoying these carrots! They really do with any meal; I'll have to look for the clover creamed honey as it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynda,

    Yeah, even my family loves this recipe. My kids, who won't even eat veggies, are now eating healthy. Thanks for the recipe. And the clover creamed honey really is good! Its smooth texture enhances the taste of the carrots.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!