Sunday, June 28, 2009

Strawberry Yogurt Muffins

I'm addicted to strawberries. Have been since I was a little girl. My favorite way to eat them is right off the vine, but when they are no longer in season , I'll definitely buy them from my local grocery store. They aren't as good as the farm fresh berries, but when you're an addict you'll take what you can get! When I saw this recipe for Strawberry Yogurt Muffins from Culinary Wannabe awhile back, I knew I'd have to try them. Then, the people from Stonyfield Farm contacted me to see if I wanted to try their Oikos Greek Yogurt, and of course I said, yes! So, I made these delicious muffins with the yummy, creamy Oikos Greek Yogurt. These muffins are the perfect addition for breakfast, brunch or anytime snack and have so much flavor, plus with the yogurt and whole wheat flour, they are a very healthy choice. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY YOGURT MUFFINS
1 cup AP flour
1 cup whole wheat four
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped strawberries (I used 1 1/2 cups, I'm an addict, remember!)
2 eggs
1 cup yogurt, I used Oikos organic nonfat Greek yogurt,
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl mix the flours, sugar and baking soda together. Add the chopped strawberries and stir to coat. In another bowl, mix together the eggs and yogurt, then add the butter and vanilla. Gradually add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Don't over mix, but the batter is going to be very thick. Distribute dough evenly into 12 greased muffin cups. Since I used more strawberries, I had 14 muffins instead of the 12. Muffins will be full. I sprinkled some coarse sugar on top of the muffins. Bake at 375 degrees for about 2o-25 minutes
until golden. Betcha can't eat just one! They are sooo good!
I used paper muffins liners for these muffins, but we had trouble with them sticking to the muffins when we first tried them. However, the next morning the liners came off much better. I'll probably just spray the pans with baking spray from now on. And I will be making these strawberry muffins again, many times. They are just that good! Any strawberry addict will love them!

22 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I discovered Oikos yogurt a couple months ago, and I'm addicted! I especially love the honey flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These muffins seem so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I like the whole wheat flour and the strawberries, plus the yogurt! Sounds healthy and so delicious!

    I tried my first Greek yogurt yesterday. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is so tempting and a great picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely need to try these...they look delicious!

    I have an award waiting for you at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray for oikos, and hooray for strawberries! they really aren't featured in muffins and quick breads very often, are they? what a travesty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The muffins look delicious! I love adding different types of berries to muffins to make things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These do look good. I need to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound delicious! I've actually never made strawberry muffins before, sounds like a fun alternative to blueberry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look very good. I love strawberry muffins and even have coupons for the yogurt. Now I just have to get my butt to the store and get the yogurt.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving the crunchy sugar on top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't eat just one and I will be making these! I love anything with strawberries and love the idea of the yogurt in them. And we're still in strawberry season. Great topping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These muffins look delish! I will have to give them a try soon. BTW - my name is Lynda also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those muffins are great... just baked them... hope the childrens are going to have at least one (each of them)... they are not home yet and I can't help myself, they are soooo good!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous-thank you for your comment. I'm so pleased that you liked the muffins! Hope your kids get one, or you can just make more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made these today and they're deeeeelicious! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them. these muffins are still a family favorite here too.

      Delete
  17. Very tasty and moist. Will deffinatley be making them again

    ReplyDelete
  18. no wheat flour, can I use all regular??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glenda, yes you can use only all-purpose flour for these muffins. It may make them a bit lighter in texture, but they will be delicious! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!