Sunday, March 31, 2013

What to do with left-over Ham

Our family Easter dinner was last night and I didn't get any pictures of our ham. Sorry, it was beautiful, delicious and everyone was hungry. So we ate. I baked a ham and I'll just have to bake another soon, when I can take pictures. But we have plenty for some great tasting leftovers, that won't taste like leftovers. Sandwiches are wonderful, but here's some other ideas if you have a good portion of ham hanging out in your fridge.
 Scalloped Potatoes and Ham are awesome. Really, this is a dish that's easy to overindulge in. I have to be very careful because it is so delicious!
 White Beans and Ham Soup. I use great northern dried beans for this hearty dish.
 Asparagus, Ham and Fried Egg Stacks. So yummy and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
 Red Beans and Rice. If your craving a little southern comfort, then look no further. Spice it up as much as you like.
 I love a good Western Omelet, made with ham or bacon. Perfect for anytime of day.
 Green Beans and New Potatoes. Of course this dish is best with garden beans, but I froze my ham bone to use for the season's first green beans. Don't ever throw out your ham bone! Just wrap it in plastic wrap, then in heavy foil or put it in a freezer bag. Date it and freeze to use in green beans, or soup. It will last several months in the freezer.
 
And this is a tree, not food. I was outside today and it is so beautiful that I had to take some pictures. It is 70 plus degrees and gorgeous! Our trees are beginning to bloom. Spring just may have arrived, for a few days anyway.
I hope you all have had a fantastic Easter and hopefully you've  found some good ham recipes. Love to my readers!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Good looking dishes for using the leftovers. We made white bean and ham soup last week and still eating on it. Of course my favorite has to be the ham and asparagus with the fried egg on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seldom get any pictures of holiday dinners because I'm intent on getting everything on the table while it's hot. If I can manage that I consider it a success. Thanks for these yummy ways to use leftovers, Lynda. We love scalloped potatoes and ham.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!