Monday, March 18, 2013

Oatmeal Scotchies with Pecans

 Like a delicious oatmeal cookie? Well these Oatmeal Scotchies with Pecans are so good, fantastic really, and also so rich. My husband loves anything butterscotch, so I made these just for him as they are one of his favorite cookies. I had intended to make Peanut Butter Cookies, but hubby had these goodies on his mind instead. This recipe makes too much for us, so anymore I just freeze half of the cookie dough for a later use. But they are also a great gift for any cookie lovers you may know! Here is the recipe.
Oatmeal Scotchies with Pecans
Adapted from Nestle - I increased the cinnamon and added pecans to the recipe. The cookie dough freezes well, if you don't want to bake the whole recipe.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups of quick cooking oats (or may use old fashioned oats)
11 ounce package of Nestle Butterscotch Morsels
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
In a large bowl cream the softened butter with the sugars. Stir in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
Gradually  beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the oatmeal, butterscotch morsels, and the pecans.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for about 7-9 minutes for chewy cookies. Cool cookies on baking sheets for about 2 minutes; then remove to cooling racks. Enjoy! Makes about 4 dozen.

9 comments:

  1. I love those butterscotch morsels... these sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look SO good! Going to have to give them a try. I've only used butterscotch morsels in magic layer bars, never in oatmeal cookies (which we love).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just proved myself a liar - or old age setting in. ;) I found that I blogged last year about using a small amount of butterscotch chips in some oatmeal cookies! Still, I'm getting ready to try your recipe because yours just look so good.

      Delete
  3. oatmeal scotchies are my favorite, and i will happily taste-test any variation of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cookies & in the last few years have developed a taste for butterscotch. Will certainly have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda,
    How many Pecans did you add?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for catching my omission Tricia. I used 3/4 cup pecans and I've added my addition to the recipe. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. The butterscotch and pecans really elevate an old family favorite. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oatmeal cookies! These look divine with butterscoth and pecans, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!