Monday, July 20, 2009

Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies! (from Family, Friends and Food)

I made these decadent, brownie-like, chocolate cookies over this past week end and they were an instant hit! Actually, they were a hit before they even made it to the oven. You see, I have a couple of grown kids that like to steal bites of cookie dough when it is first mixed in the bowl. Well, these kids just happened to be here, and the stealing continued even after the dough was put into the refrigerator to firm up! And I must confess, that even I gave into their wayward temptations! Yes, this dough is to die for! The cookies are to die for! This recipe is supposed to make about 60 cookies, but believe me, it didn't in this house. This addictive cookie recipe came from Patsy at Family, Friends and Food, who is my mentor in the Adopt a Blogger program. This program, started by Kristen, from Dine and Dish, is to help the novice blogger (me), by pairing them with an experienced blogger (Patsy). Patsy has been wonderfully patient as I've asked a lot of questions and she has been able to answer them all, or find an answer for me through some blogging friends. Thanks, Patsy! Thanks for putting up with me! Anyway, I found this recipe on Patsy's blog and knew I'd have to make them as most of my family are chocoholics! These Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies are rich, chewy and deliver big time on the chocolate flavor. These are going on my list for the holidays and will be made throughout the year as well. Let's get to the recipe-I'm eating one as I type!

Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies- from Family, Friends and Food
3/4 cup butter
4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups(12 ounces) Semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
2 tsp. shortening
DIRECTIONS:
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together.Cool. Transfer melted chocolate to a large bowl; add sugar and eggs and beat until smooth. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and stir well. Add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chops to the dough and combine well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight until dough is easy to handle. Drop dough by the tablespoon full onto greased cookies sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 7-9 minutes, until edges are set and the tops are slightly cracked. Cool cookies on the pans for about 2 minutes and then remove to wire racks. After all cookies are cool, heat 2 tsp. of shortening with the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips until melted. Stir well and drizzle over the cookies. Let cookies stand 30 minutes until the chocolate has is set. Store in a covered container.

Patsy's cookies were actually prettier than mine, as she used white chocolate to drizzle over the tops of the cookies. But I had plenty of the semi-sweet on hand, so that is what I used. Check out Patsy's blog; she has lots of great recipes to please the palate! Make these cookies and take a plateful to your neighbor; they'll love you for it!


20 comments:

  1. Wow, the ideal thing to have when you are having a chocolate craving....or, actually anytime for that matter! Fantastic!
    (I'd be having a hard time not eating the dough!)

    Zevia all natural soda simple giveaway on my blog, ends tomorrow, would love to send you something deelish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so that looks totally amazing and I want to make them for dinner tonight. Who needs zucchini soup when you've got chocolate recipes like this waiting to be tried?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be able to resist sneaking some dough either. They look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you enjoyed them, Lynda! Yours turned out beautifully!

    Keep those questions coming, I'll do my best to answer them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look incredibly good, Lynda. I wish we could declare chocolate an entree :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i have to start drizzling all of my cookies with chocolate now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is chocolate heaven. What a great place to be. I think they look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate perfection! Oh my goodness are those gorgeous! Very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wowowow! I am a chocolate lover and I love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do believe that the batter would not make it into a cookie for to be cooked!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK Lynda if I haven't told you I love you already I am saying it now lol. My thighs may not love ya. But my cravings do. They came out great and one day when I am feeling so down and out. That I will not feel guilty making these. That is when I will give these a try. Since I think on a regular day I would feel so bad making and eating these delicious looking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot wait to make these for my family. These look outragous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Rich, decadent and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are some incredibly deep dark chocolate cookies! you almost went over the top with that chocolate drizzle, but i’m sure i could handle it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh...I must, MUST have these! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! these cookies must be so yummy! I want to eat them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my..can it get any better than this..? Let me get my glass of milk!!!!Figtreeapps

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look very decadent and yummy. I love that the ingredients are simple.

    Great blog!

    -http://fortheluvoffood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aghhhh! These look soooo good. I wish they could magically appear in my mouth. They look just like these cookies at the store that I am totally and so addicted too. Thanks for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!