Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby and Garden Pictures

Yesterday our wonderful, adorable and beautiful granddaughter was 1 month old! She is adored by all in our family, as you may expect. Seems like every time she and her parents come over, we grab the camera! Note to all young families with babies: when your children grow up and have babies of their own, when they are fussy, you get to send them home with their parents! : )
But kidding aside, I have been able to help out some and it has been a real blessing not only to my DIL and son, but to me- I'm loving it!
And, here are some garden pictures, closeups again. If you look closely at this next picture you'll see what looks like small balls or balloons on stems. These are Balloon Flowers and after the "Balloon" forms then they burst open in pretty blue flowers! The flower isn't upright so next time I'll have to get on the ground to get a good picture!

The color on this Purple Coneflower isn't quite right, but I had to show it to you anyway, as I was able to catch a bee busy pollinating! If you look closely, you can see what looks like dust right below the bee. It's actually pollen! I normally don't hang around bees, but I'm glad I did here!

Have you ever smelled the intoxicating fragrance of Phlox! It's heavenly and butterflies love it. I tried to get a good picture of a couple of butterflies on the Phlox a few days ago, but the winged wonders were too skittish. We've had lots of rain last night and today, so a lot of the petals have fallen to the ground. The Phlox are about 3 feet high and easy to photograph.


And I do have some tomatoes! I planted these by our back door this year and they have really grown tall. However, the actual tomatoes are taking forever to ripen, so we have had only 1 large tomato and a small bowl of cherry tomatoes. At least there were enough cherry tomatoes to make my Avocado, Cucumber and Tomato Salad!


It seems the tomatoes around here are ripening rather slowly. I went to the farmers market last week to buy some, and the locally grown ones were green! I guess I'll have to be patient! Hope you enjoyed my pictures. I'll have another recipe tomorrow!




17 comments:

  1. All the pictures are wonderful but that baby is your most beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your precious new granddaughter is beautiful! I also love all your garden pictures...especially the bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely darling...such a cute baby. I also enjoy the garden's pictures...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful little girl! and the garden photos are nice, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love phlox and am anxiously waiting for tomatoes to turn red - but oh - what a gorgeous child you have been blessed with - how fun it will be to watch her grow! Lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is absolutely gorgeous! I know you must just be so full of love right now. I also have a granddaughter due very soon - DIL has already started dilating days ago so we're on pins and needles. Can't wait!!

    Plants look great too - you know it seems that it took my tomatoes forever to go from green to ripe too. I kept wondering what in the world was wrong, but once they started turning they all followed quickly behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable baby. And the picture reminds me of how quickly they grow, my daughter is 2 already and still seems to me she was born yesterday.
    Your tomatoes look good, I'm sure you'll be having lots of ripe ones very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable baby!
    How about green fried tomatoes?
    One of my favorite foods.
    Lulabelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful baby girl and I love the other photos too! (However, they do pale in comparison!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that darling child easily outshines the still-beautiful flowers (and maters). she's an absolute doll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your granddaughter is gorgeous! And I love the photos of your garden. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your granddaughter is adorable...I love her bow :)

    The photos of your flowers are unbelievable...I'm SO jealous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous photos! Congratulations on your new baby granddaughter.
    Things are ripening slowly up here too, but I am not complaining about the cooler weather this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would be happy to take that baby right off your hands! Soo very cute! The flowers are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Certainly no finer or more beautiful flower grows in God's garden than your own sweet granddaughter. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty! We have some of those Balloon Flowers in our garden too, but unfortunately the deer have found them and clipped many of them off. We still have our daisies though!

    http://yummyanonymous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!