Friday, January 2, 2009

Honey- Wheat Muffins


Oh,how I love honey! I love it drizzled on biscuits, rolls, used in marinades and sauces, and as an ingredient in these muffins. I made these often when my children were young, as my two boys were very finicky eaters. My daughter wasn't quite as picky. These Honey- Wheat Muffins were always a hit with them, as well as with my husband and I. They are also very easy and quick to make, and go well with almost any meal. They are yummy for breakfast, or with a salad or soup at lunch, or even delicious at dinner! So, I made these this morning, slathered one with butter and honey,poured a cup of coffee, and sat down to contemplate this past year. While there were some hard times, 2008 was still a good year. I expect that 2009 will be the same. I hope to take those lessons I learned last year and apply them to the challenges of this year. And, I hope to be a blessing to others. So I hope you'll try "Honey-Wheat Muffins"soon!
Honey-Wheat Muffins
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter
In a large bowl mix flours,baking powder and salt. In a small bowl beat the egg with a fork; beat in milk, honey and butter. Add to the flour mixture;stir just untill blended.Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15 min. Remove muffins from pan to cool, or slather with butter and devour! Makes 12 muffins. Oh yea, this recipe came from a very old Family Circle magazine, from the 80's, I think! Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!