Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Family Recipes: Memories of Family, Food and Fun

I am so excited to be co-hosting Family Recipes: Memories of Family, Food and Fun, for the month of March! It has been hosted by Laura, of The Spiced Life, and Shelby, of The Life and Loves of Grumphy's Honeybunch, for several months now, and I was thrilled when they asked if I wanted to join them! I love hearing stories and traditions of food in the lives of families. So make a recipe and share the memories that are connected with it. The deadline date changes monthly, but normally it will end around the last Saturday of the month.

RULES
1. Make a dish that's a family recipe-from mom, dad, aunts, in-laws, or your own family, that you have enjoyed for along time.

2. Post it on your blog between now and midnight, March 31, 2009 (USA EST). All submissions must be in English.

3.Provide a link in your post to this page and this blog.

4. Email me at whatscookin52@sbcglobal.net by12:00 AM, Midnight, March 30, 2009 (USA EST) with:
. the recipe name
. the URL of the post
. the URL of your blog
. your location

5. Please place a copy of the logo on your post, if possible.

6. Multiple submissions are welcome, but please only 1 submission for for each type of dish (main dish, appetizer, dessert, etc.).

7. New posts only, please.

8. You are welcome to send the photo you want published in the round-up. If you don't submit a photo however,we will choose one from your post.

With all the cooking going on this month for the different holidays, there should be some delicious family recipes being made. If you haven't checked out the recipes for January's Family Recipes, check out Shelby's blog at The Life and Loves of Grumphy's Honeybunch, for some tasty looking submissions!

6 comments:

  1. You obviously have never had my mother's cooking... no recipes I want to pass on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, it doesn't have to be from your mother- post one that your family has made for awhile.I bet you and your wife have some tasty family recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looking for the time to do this. My mother (at eighty-something - we're not sure) remains a wonderful cook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is such a great event. I always enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I haven't seen this before. I'll be sure to make and post something!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!