Monday, December 14, 2009

Creamy Herbed Potatoes (from the Pioneer Woman)

A few weeks ago, I won "The Pioneer Woman Cooks", cookbook from a contest on Lisa's blog, The Cutting Edge of Ordinary! This is a wonderful blog with tons of luscious looking food. I was so excited to win Ree's cookbook. The photos are beautiful, of course, and all the recipes so yummy looking. So, I tried her Creamy Herbed Potatoes recipe . Talk about smooth, creamy and delicious potatoes! They are a "10", and I'll make them again as they go with so many different entrees. Perfect with meatloaf or a roast, or even fish, and also great served for the holidays!
I didn't have chives to use, because my plant froze; nor did I use heavy cream in the recipe. I substituted half and half for the cream. I also only made half a recipe, but they are good, real good. They are rich, but worth every bite. If your looking for a potato dish for Christmas, this might be just for you! You can find the recipe here. Tommorrow, I'll be sharing a sweet recipe!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my. I think this is one of the most beautiful potato dishes I've ever seen. Too bad it probably has like a bijillion calories... : /

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! This dish looks so wonderfully creamy and gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious. I have Ree's book and love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, what a delicious looking dish! I like your substitutions, thus allowing for a second helping. Thanks for posting this marvelous new potato side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these do look decadent! the browned top excites me most of all—what can i say, i’m a weirdo like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always serve au gratin potatoes for Christmas dinner. I'm going to use this recipe for our dinner this year. Love that beautiful sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is mouthwatering. I love creamy potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love creamy potatoes, can't wait to eat this ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful and your substitutions made the potatoes much healthier for the eater.
    The sauce is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so creamy, rich and delicious. I love PW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum yum... I just got this cookbook as a gift... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look WICKED good, as we say in New England, grins. Oh, yes, I think we just might have to have these at Christmas. Oh gosh. Better ask Santa for some elastic waisted polyester pants while I'm at it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I left a comment before, but I was on a different computer, so I don't know what went wrong.

    I was hoping to win this cookbook from another blog. You are lucky! These potatoes looks so good, absolutly stunning photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look delicious!I would love the book :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!