Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Herb Dip (and a Happy Thanksgiving!)

I was wanting a yummy dip to have on hand this Thanksgiving weekend, one that would be good with veggies. I found this one from Ina Garten and it's delicious! This creamy, flavorful dip is full of fresh herbs and scallions in a smooth cream cheese, mayo and sour cream base. I wouldn't make this without the fresh herbs as I don't think the dried stuff will give it the flavor to be tasty. The fresh dill is fantastic. I love it! If you need a dip for the guys watching football this weekend, or just something besides turkey leftovers to snack on, this dip could be the answer!

HERB DIP - slightly adapted from Ina Garten
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature - I used low fat
1/2 sour cream - I used low fat
1/2 cup mayo
4 scallions, white and green parts, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt - I used 1/2 teaspoon
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
Place the cream cheese, mayo and sour cream in a bowl and blend with electric mixer. Stir in the herbs and refrigerate for several hours so flavors come together. Serve at room temperature with veggies of choice. The herb flavors are amazing, as long as they are fresh. Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I so enjoy all my blogging friends and I'm so thankful that each of you come by to read my blog. And you even leave comments! I also appreciate all of my readers that come quietly here to look for recipes. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you for including me in your lives!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely dip. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, great dip to get them started for the main event. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd like to say that i always skip the dip and appetizers in lieu of the more hearty fare, but i'd be lying. this looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dip is lovely
    and happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All delicious ingredients. Will try. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks great and fresh tasting with all the fresh herbs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect dip for snacking during a football game, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all that fresh goodness going on. Fresh does make a difference in this I'll wager. Delicious find and a great share. Thank you so much. Hope your day was warm and filled with great memories, new and old, to savor for many many days.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!