Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oven Baked Potato Wedges (or Steak Fries)

 I love potatoes. It doesn't matter how they are prepared, I'll take them any old way. The way I cook them most often is as Oven Baked Potato Wedges because there is hardly any preparation, or other ingredients needed. I like simple. They are so easy I think I could make them in my sleep! My favorite way to eat them is just with salt, which I know is really boring, but sometimes I switch it up, depending on my mood. They also taste fantastic sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, or sometimes I'll add paprika and cayenne along with salt and pepper. They also go with so many entrees, not only burgers and hot dogs, but also steaks and pork chops, or any other  meat where you want to add potatoes as a side. Put these fries in the oven and then prepare your main dish and dinner doesn't take long at all. You really don't need a recipe of course, but here's what I do.
Oven Baked Potato Wedges-aka Steak Fries
From Lynda's Recipe Box
I like russet potatoes the best because I think they are a bit more crisp after baking, but any potato will work.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Choose potatoes with nice skins. Scrub them with water and a vegetable brush. Dry potatoes with paper towels.

1. Cut each potato in half, and each half in half. Then each quarter potato I'll cut in half again, or in thirds, depending on how thin I want the wedges. So, each potato will make 8-12 wedges. For my husband and I, I use 2 large potatoes.
2. Place potato wedges on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil. I'll use 1-2 tablespoons, depending on how many potatoes I'm using. With fingers, toss the potatoes and oil until the wedges are coated. Add more oil if need. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and other spices if desired. When I use Parmesan, I add it about the last 5-10 minutes of baking so it won't burn.
3. Place in oven; bake until the edges of the potatoes are browning, about 25 minutes. Turn wedges over with a spatula and continue baking for 10-15 minutes, or until they are as crisp as you desire. Remove from oven and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I am with you ...potatoes in any form ...love these too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potatoes. My favorite way to eat them is boiled. Not exciting, but that's how my grandmother used to fix them for us and it's still my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect - just enough heft at dinner time to keep you from eating into the wee hours of the morning. Love them with Parm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes--very little prep work, very much tastiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes I like to eat these by themselves, no burger needed. They are just that good!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!