Monday, January 16, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

 Moist, fragrant pumpkin bread is one of my favorite quick breads. It's right up there with Banana Bread for me. This is my Mother's recipe that she made for many years. I  cut my teeth on this delicious bread when I was a kid, so this recipe has been around for awhile. I made this during Christmas and for got to post it. So here's my recipe. I hope you'll give it a try.
Pumpkin Bread
from my Mother
This recipe makes 2 large loaves.

Grease and flour 2- 9x5 inch loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Dry ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Sift all these ingredients together in a large bowl.

Wet ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil- I use canola
2/3 cup water
4 eggs, beaten
1 can of pumpkin puree
1 cup chopped nuts - I used pecans this time
Mix wet ingredients together; stir into the dry ingredients, and then fold in nuts.
Divide the batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool bread in the pans for 10 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges of the pumpkin bread and invert the loaves onto cooling racks. When completely cool, wrap in foil. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorites right along with banana bread....your loaf is so perfect looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make pumpkin bread this fall! I think I was still using up zucchini :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've done it! I'm in the mood for pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. while i tend to prefer banana bread, there's no denying that pumpkin bread is equally moist and always has the right spices. lovely loaves, lynda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this is a little slice of heaven. I am definitely going to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!