Monday, December 5, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a lovely day and then went out of town to Branson for several days. Now Christmas preparations are in full swing, but I had to share this appetizer recipe that I made awhile back. If you need a tasty appetizer to feast upon while watching a football game, or something to add to your party repertoire, or even just to feed your kids after school, these Pizza Puffs would be for you.These Pepperoni Pizza Puffs are crisp on the outside, and full of pizza flavor on the inside. Kids and adults both like them, so you might want to make them too. This recipe is quick to stir up, baked in a mini muffin pan, and then dipped in pizza sauce. They go quickly! Here's the recipe.

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
adapted from Noble Pig
Makes 24 Pizza Puffs

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk- I use 2 %
1 egg, beaten
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
4 ounces pepperoni, cut into small cubes- about 1 cup
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or Italian seasoning, or about 2 teaspoons fresh basil
1/2 cup pizza sauce warmed

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl add the flour and baking powder.. Stir in the milk and the beaten egg, and then the mozzarella, basil and pepperoni. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes. Spray a 24 count mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Stir the batter and then spoon mixture evenly into each muffin cup. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Remove Pepperoni Pizza Puffs to a plate and serve with warmed pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
You may add additional fresh basil to the pizza sauce if desired.

7 comments:

  1. This would last three seconds in my house. It's a wonderful guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking snack. The kids would devour these in 2 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty easy and I'll bet delicous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am HUNGRY looking at those puffs! The sauce looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my #1 gripe about pizza is its messiness, and this takes care of that completely! lovely nosh, lynda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous. I love these little treats. They have quite an appeal to many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these tonight and they are fantastic. I made some changes. I am blogging this now and if you would like to see mine, come on over, later.

    You have several recipes, I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!