Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pomegranate Tea

Don't you love all the flavors of tea that you can get when you go out to eat? There's a flavor for every mood that you could ever be in! So, today when I was pondering what to make next with the pomegranate juice that the folks from Pom Wonderful sent me, I remembered the wonderful Pomegranate Tea that I'd had a couple of months a go at a restaurant. So, I decided to try making my own. My husband and I love it! Even my kids thought it was good, but they would have preferred that I had left out the orange slices. Personally, I really enjoyed the subtle citrus flavor from the orange slices. In fact, I kept sipping it while trying to get a good picture, so the glass was never quite full! I added some sugar to the tea, but of course you can opt to leave it out, or use artificial sweetener, whatever your preference here. We felt so healthy drinking all of the antidoxidants in this delicious tea! Let's make this real quick so you can have some too!

POMEGRANATE TEA
6 cups cold water
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
2 family size tea bags( I used Lipton, but it's your choice)
1/2-1 cup sugar
about 2 cups ice
fresh orange slices, if desired
In a sauce pan bring water to a boil and remove from heat. Add the 2 tea bags and steep for about 10 minutes. Add the 1/2 cup sugar, if using, stir until dissolved, and let tea cool off if you are going to pour it in a glass pitcher. When tea has cooled, pour it in a pitcher, add the pomegranate juice, orange slices and the ice. Pour some into an ice filled glass, sip slowly, and enjoy! It' a treat for yourself or a great tea to serve to guests. This is an addictive tea, be warned! Do you like sugar in your tea, and if so how much?

15 comments:

  1. i'm a pomegranate fanatic - this looks just up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever. I would not have tried to figure out how to make this tea. I bet it tastes incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked a perfect day for tea. I bet more Americans drank tea yesterday than ever before. Great job love it. POMAGRANATE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried anything like this, but I like pomagranates and tea, so will have to give it a try. Next BBQ maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delish, I can't wait to make it for my next Barbequeue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, it sounds delicious and refreshing. I love POM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it just so happens I have all the ingredients for this. Guess what I'm making tonight! The only difference Im going to make simple syrup as I don't like the grittiness of the sugar. I cannot wait until my workday is done. I hope I don't perish in the meantime because I really want to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know how it turns out, Katie. I didn't have trouble with gritty sugar as I added the sugar to the warm tea and stirred until it dissolved, BEFORE I added the juice and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda! Thanks for stoppin' by my blog today!

    I see loads of yummy recipes here so I'm a Follower now! That chicken stir fry made me want some right now... LOVE stir fry!

    This tea looks so good - and wow, what health benefits from both the tea and the pomegranate.

    I look forward to visiting in the future and will definitely be going through your recipe box!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like something my family would enjoy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I gave up pop (soda) two weeks ago, but still crave something with "taste", so this looks like it would be just the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may even manage to persuade me away from a good strong cup of English hot tea with this - but don't count on it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great use for your pom wonderful! flavored teas are one of the highlights of my (rare) visits to places like red robin and applebees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to use POM in tea, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love it when folks come by to visit!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!