Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rolo Pretzel Turtle Candies

I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas and that you are looking forward to the New Year! Food is such a big part of our holidays aren't they. You've all probably eaten these delicious Rolo Pretzel Turtle Candies at some time. These candies are such easy little Turtle candies to make and so addictive once you pop one in your mouth. I made some of them into sandwiches for anyone that can't have nuts. I wanted to drizzle them with more chocolate, but I had depleted my stash of chocolate. Oh well, I'll do it next time. I will be making these yummy treats again.
Easy and delicious too, they don't require many steps. Here's the directions to make the Rolo Pretzel Turtles.
Rolo Pretzel Turtle Candies
Make as many candies as you wish. I used all of the Rolos. Baking too long will cause the Rolos to break open when pressed with a pecan, so don't over bake.
1 bag individual Rolo Candies, unwrapped
1 bad waffle shaped pretzels, I used Snyder's
pecan halves- enough for all the candies you are making
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place the pretzels on the baking sheet, not too closely. Place 1 Rolo on each pretzel. Put pan in oven and bake 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from oven and press a pecan half on each candy. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for a new post to tell you that Bev used your French Bread recipe (http://lyndasrecipebox.blogspot.com/2011/01/homemade-french-bread.html) before Christmas and we thought it was some of the best we've had. It will be made here again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick and easy to make...and they sure look very tempting and delicious!
    Happy New Year, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Larry, so glad you all enjoyed the bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This would be a hit here, we love Rolos! Here's wishing you the best in 2014, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were delicious! I will have to make my own batch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! Totally agree with what you said about drizzling with more chocolate. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this is one of the most clever ideas. so simple and just plain delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel very deprived…I have never had Rolos. This looks like a tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel very deprived…I have never had Rolos. This looks like a tasty treat. Karen (Back Road Journal)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!