Monday, December 31, 2012

Bacon, Parmesan and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

 What could be tastier than Bacon, Parmesan, and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms? These luscious bites taste amazing and are easy to make. I only made half a recipe for my husband and I this New Years Eve, but am wishing I made the whole thing. These are seriously delicious!
I hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. My sweet husband bought me a new camera for Christmas! I'm so excited to learn how to use it, so please be patient with me; I have a long ways to go to be sure.
But back to the bacon and mushrooms now, these addictive little appetizers.
 You will need to clean and stem the mushrooms. Just give the stems a good twist and they pop right out of the caps. Chop the stems, some onion and garlic. Saute and stir in the cheeses. Spoon yummy filling into mushroom caps.
 Bake these Bacon, Parmesan, and Cream Cheese Mushrooms for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve. You might want to make more than you think you'll need as they are so addictive.
 My pictures don't do these tasty gems justice, but I will learn as I go. But don't wait to make these stuffed mushrooms. Anytime you need a scrumptious appetizer, I think you'll be very happy with this recipe.
Bacon, Parmesan, And Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
I made half of this recipe.

2 strips of bacon, cooked
1/4 cup minced onion, I used red onion
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
8 ounces small mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Clean mushrooms. I personally wash them, because I'm weird that way.
Remove the stems from the caps. Dice the stems, the onion, and mince the garlic. Dice bacon and cook in skillet until crisp.Drain on paper towel.
In about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease, saute the onion and diced mushroom stems until softened and tender. Add the garlic and add the cheeses. Stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the cooked bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps. Use all of it, even if you have to mound it up. Place stuffed mushrooms into a baking pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and filling is hot. Enjoy and Happy New Year to my faithful readers!

8 comments:

  1. These really sound so yummy ...must give them a try. Just had a catch up of some of your recent recepes ..they are so tempting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love stuffed mushrooms! Made your french bread again the other day - it SO good! I find myself making it a couple times a month. It makes 3 loaves, so I give one to my MIL and she's in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are still making my bread Karen-it is good and I'm making it this week too.

      Delete
  3. This is a nice change from traditional stuffed mushrooms. The cream cheese? The bacon? Who knows - it's just calling to me. Happy 2013, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why do you have to go and waste all that yummy filling on a bunch of dirty mushrooms? :)
    i kid, of course--it's a great appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a combo of some of my favorite things! They look delicious. Have fun with your new camera. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious!
    Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a recipe I could really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!