Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Corn Casserole for Thanksgiving

 I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only 2 days away! But I'm busy like many of you, cooking and cleaning for the big day. Thought I'd share an easy and delicious Corn Casserole recipe with you, just in case you are looking for one more side for the big meal. I got this recipe years ago from a friend, but I have adapted it somewhat. This dish is very good and is easy to double if needed. If you still need some more ideas for side dishes, click here. If you need a dessert, click here.
I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be thankful for the blessings you've been given and enjoy your family and friends. Now here's the recipe.
 
Corn Casserole
From Lynda's Recipe Box
 
1 can cream-style corn
1 can whole kernal corn, drained - or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn that is thawed
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 of a large bell pepper, diced -(sometimes I add both green and red pepper so it will look festive.)
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 pound, (4 ounces), shredded cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sautee the bell pepper until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the flour until combined and stir about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a bowl add the creamed corn, the drained corn, cheddar cheese and eggs. Stir in the saaauted bell pepper mixture. Seqason with salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish. Bake 50-60 minutes until firm and golden. My dish in the photo was a bit larger, so it baked quicker. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Comforting and delicious! Great for any corn lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love corn pudding, corn spoonbread, and corn casserole. the peppers in this make it extra appealing!
    happy turkey day, lynda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great casserole - Happy Thanksgiving to you too Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorites! Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!