Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting

I'm back! My daughter is happily married and life has slowed down a bit now, so I am ready to to blog again.
Boy do I love this time of year! We have had the most beautiful fall; The trees are just now turning their brillant colors, the air is crisp and there are pumpkins decorating almost every porch. I love just about anything made with pumpkin, so I deciced to make pumpkin cookies for the first time. Why I haven't made them before now, I don't know. I usually make bars, bread or pie and stop there. But I've added these delicious cookies to my recipe box now. these Pumpkin Cookies are cake-like, soft and moist, and topped with addictive cream cheese frosting. I made these and took a platter full to a meeting I went to and they were devoured quickly. It's hard to eat just one of cookies. I dare you to make these and eat just one! Here's the recipe.

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt


Mix butter, sugar together until smooth. Then add the agg; mixwell and add the 1 cup pumpkin.
In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture in 2 parts. Mix well. Dough is going to be very soft. I used a tablespoon to measure the dough for cookies. You can refridgerate the dough to make it a bit easier to handle, if desired. Scoop dough evenly onto baking sheets and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake 9-10minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completly before frosting with the Cream Cheese Frosting.

CREAM Cheese FROSTING
 !/2 cup softened butter
1- 8 ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups powdered sugat
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer. Add the vanilla and then the powdered sugar, a little at a time. Mix until smooth and creamy. If the frosting is too stiff add a little milk or cream to loosen a bit.

NOTE: I only used about half of the frosting on these cookies. But since the cookies are not very sweet, you may want to use more than I did.
These are awesome cookies!

15 comments:

  1. Pumpkins and cream cheese frosting sounds like a great combination! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done pumpkin cookies - and with the frosting - they are utterly delectable. Welcome back! Glad all is well in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Lynda! These look so delicious....I am sooo in the mood for pumpkin lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda, this is fantastic

    Amrita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Lynda, we missed your tasty recipes!

    These pumpkin cookies with that lovely glaze look divine & mighty tasty too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back....missed reading your post and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as far as pumpkin cookies are concerned, i think you need a little something extra to draw me to them. cream cheese frosting would certainly do the trick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a beautiful time of year and perfect for these pumpkin cookies with icing. As soon as I saw them...I thought "Wow, these would be perfect with my morning coffee".. Thanks for sharing.

    Velva

    P.S. congratulations to you on the marriage of your daughter, and getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried pumpkin cookies last year and didn't like the recipe. Yours look wonderful....going to try them soon. The cream cheese frosting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When growing up in the 50's there was a delightful Grandma Marie across the street. She made cookies sooo similar to these that I just loved! They have may been a molasses-type but this sure sounds similar enough to try out!! Thank you Lynda!!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When growing up in the 50's there was a delightful Grandma Marie across the street. She made cookies sooo similar to these that I just loved! They have may been a molasses-type but this sure sounds similar enough to try out!! Thank you Lynda!!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the 50's, such a good time! I hope these cookies are what you are looking for. Thanks so much for the comment too.

      Delete
  12. love all your recipes ...have a general question ...I wonder about using salted butter.....can I use it and just leave out the salt from recipes? bought some on sale and they only had salted butter....thx Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, you can use salted butter; just cut the salt in recipes by half. It will be close.
      Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!