Sunday, January 3, 2010

Family Recipes- December's Round Up!

Happy New Year to all! Hope you had a great time during the holidays. I am excited to post December's Family Recipes: Memories of Family, Food and Fun! We have some great looking food in this post, from some wonderful blogs. I hope that you will check each one out.
family recipes
Each blogger has posted a favorite family recipe that holds tasty memories for their families. January's Family Recipes event will be hosted by Shelby of "The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch. If you have a wonderful recipe to share for this event, please email Laura with the post before the end of the month. Let's check out these recipes, now, shall we! Be sure to visit these amazing blogs.Bombay Foodie
In A Pickle, from Simran at Bombay Foodie
Simran shares that pickles are serious business in India. Pickle recipes are closely guarded secrets and only the eldest women in a household take on pickle making. Check out her spicy, sweet and sour pickles.
Christmas Cookies from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Christmas Cookies, from Kristen, at Frugal Antics of a Harries Homemaker
These special cookies come from Kristen's grandmother and are so special in her family that her son requested them for his birthday. She makes these gorgeous cookies all year long!
Kay at the Keyboard- Kay's Mama's Cranberry Salad
Kay's Mama's Cranberry Salad, from Kay at the Keyboard
This delicious looking salad has been served at every Thanksgiving and Christmas that Kay can remember!. Her mama used to use a sausage grinder to chop up the fruit!
Brown Sugar Pie, from A Southern Grace
Brown Sugar Pie, from Grace, at "A Southern Grace"
This gooey, Brown Sugar pie is from Grace's dear grandmother. If you have a sweet tooth, this pie would be a great ending to any meal. Check it out!
5 Star Foodie's Pate'
Chicken Liver Pâté, from Natasha, at "5 Star Foodie"
This creamy pâté was one of Natasha's favorite dishes during the holidays when she was growing up. The secret ingredient that makes this so creammy is butter- yum!
'Butter
Butter Crunch- 2 Ways, from Laura, at The Spiced Life
This lucious looking candy recipe is from Laura's husband's side of the family. She offers 2 versions of this sweet treat. I'll take it both ways!FRCCC005-1

Chocolate Chip Cookies, from Shelby, at The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch"
These yummy looking cookies are one of Shelby's granny's recipes. These are perfect cookies for dunking in a cold glass of milk.
blog pics 2345
My Favorite Cheese Ball, from Lynda's Recipe Box
This delicious cheese ball is my submission to Family Recipes this month. My mother-in-law gave me the recipe for this slightly spicy appetizer. It's a family favorite!

I hope you've enjoyed this months delicious submissions to Family Recipes. Remember, Shelby is hosting for January, so if you have a family recipe to share, let her know.
NOTE: Laura was going to host next month, but that has now changed to Shelby.

13 comments:

  1. Lynda, this is a delicious round-up. Thanks to all the submitters who share their food memories. I love this event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There are so many wonderful recipes to go explore. Thank you for hosting such a fun roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent round-up of yummy dishes! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! Love the round-up of favorite December recipes. I'm looking forward to checking out all of them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, it is dangerous to start looking at all that food this early in the morning! So tasty! Thanks for sharing these.

    I actually just discovered your blog through a search about a week ago. I'm so glad I found you. I'm beginning to do meal planning and I'm actually going to try your stuffed peppers and cornmeal crusted talapia recipes this week. I'll let you know how they turn out!

    Thank you for sharing such great, easy recipes with us! Have a great week!

    All the best,
    Mandy

    http://www.mandylifeafter30.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is most certainly a special and tasty collection of recipes! i love this event, lynda--thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, brown sugar pie... to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if my email to you went to spam?! :( Here was my entry: http://2dogsandagirl.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-have-reputation.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great roundup. That brown sugar pie is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm certainly looking at them all - the pate - does evoke celebration. I love how many sweet memories are associated with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of recipes, I think they all look yummy! I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great round-up. I'm sorry my entry was missing, I will join next month with another family recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Brown Sugar Pie, looks Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!