Monday, June 14, 2010

Roasted Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar Vinaigrette

If you love Balsamic Vinegar, you'll love this chicken that is marinated for several hours in it, producing flavorful and juicy meat. With the addition of Dijon mustard and garlic, these chicken breasts are easy enough to serve for a week night meal, but tasty enough to serve to company! However, the chicken needs to be marinated for several hours or it will be bland. The first time I made this dish I only marinated it about 3 hours. The recipe says 2-12 hours, but it's best just to go for the whole 12 hours if possible, especially when using mixed, bone-in chicken pieces. Just mix up the marinade in the morning and throw the chicken and marinade in a large zip lock bag. Place bag in a pan in the refrigerator, and later in the day, this chicken will be ready to plop into the oven or onto the grill. I marinated these boneless chicken breasts for about 5 hours and they were very moist and delicious. But the bone in chicken pieces were marinated about 12 hours. I hope you'll give them a try.

ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS with BALSAMIC VINEGAR VINAIGRETTE
adapted slightly from Giada De Laurentiis

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or 1 whole chicken cut-up
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 large cloves garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth

Mix balsamic vinegar, garlic, Dijon, lemon juice and olive oil into a large resealable baggie. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place chicken in bag. Place in a pan so that chicken can lay flat and place in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees, place chicken pieces on a baking sheet and bake about 20-25 minutes, or until juices in chicken run clear when pierced ed with a knife. If you like, you can make a quick sauce using the marinade to drizzle over the chicken. Pour the marinade in a sauce pan, add the chicken broth and simmer about 5 minutes. Pour over the chicken. I made this when I baked a whole, cut-up chicken and served it with rice, drizzled with the balsamic. It's very good! But this time, I served the chicken breasts with oven roasted potatoes, so I did not made the extra sauce. Either way, I'' be making this chicken again. I just love easy, delicious meals!
NOTE: If using bone-in chicken pieces, the cooking time will be about 45-60 minutes.

15 comments:

  1. I bet this was just finger-licking good! Can't go wrong with balsamic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this - balsamic is the best marinade. Will take into consideration marinating time. I have good luck with Giada's recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken sounds super flavorful with the balsamic vinegar vinaigrette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chicken looks delicious and I love that balsamic flavor in it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of Balsamic Vinegar! I cannot wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These breasts sound wonderful. I'll have to give this recipe a try. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a flavorful marinade. I'll bet it's delicious with the rice. I prefer bone-in chicken because it retains moisture as it grills. Lovely recipe, Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great recipe Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm definitely among the fans of the flavor provided by balsamic vinegar, so this chicken sounds extra scrumptious. great share, lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This chicken dish looks fabulous...love the color and must taste so yummie...nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, I love the flavor of balsamic vinegar. This looks like a great summer meal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fab, Lynda. I love marinades using balsamic vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have seen her make this and don't know why I haven't given it a try. Your photo is convincing me that I must try it soon. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love vinegar and balsamic is one of our faves. I'll be giving this a try the next time chicken's on the menu.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. vinaigarette is such a great marinade..makes measts oh so tasty!!! I love Giada's recipes...looks like this is a winner!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!