Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bananas and Cream Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Glaze

There's just nothing like the aroma of banana bread baking in the oven. It has tantalized me since I was a little girl, so when I found this recipe a few months ago, I had to make it! It is everything I hoped it would be; dense, moist with sour cream, great banana flavor, and the frosting- oh the frosting! It is sinfully rich, delicious and I wanted to eat it with a spoon! I found this gem of a recipe at Bunny's Warm Oven, so please check it out. Her cake looks much nicer than mine as I almost let the frosting get too thick to drizzle over the cake, but that didn't stop it from tasting amazing! And I wanted to share this with you before I leave Thursday to go on a

retreat with some friends from church. I'll be gone until Saturday evening and I'm so looking forward to it. We're going to the lake for a few days of refreshing for body and spirit with several hundred other ladies of kindred spirit. And we are always served the best meals. As much as I love to cook, I always enjoy letting someone else do it for awhile!

So, if you need a dessert for this weekend, try this wonderful Banana Cake, or even my Four Layer Pudding Dessert. I look forward to reading all your recipes when I get back. Have a great week!



18 comments:

  1. This really looks delicious. I hope the retreat is all that you want it to be. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake turned out really beautifully and sounds delicious. Have a wonderful time at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at brown butter glaze. It looks pretty and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely delicious! I would LOVE a slice with a hot cup of coffee...I seriously need to buy a bundt pan!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief...what a post! I fear I would eat every last crumb of this in mere minutes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gem of a cake, lynda! the best part for me, however, is the luscious glaze. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just look at how beautiful this is! Wow! I've been looking for a good banana cake and I think this is it! Wow oh wow!

    Hope you enjoy your retreat! It's a wonderful way to strengthen your inner self.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cake! I imagine it must be absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cake looks fantastic!!!!Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous & delicious, especially with the brown butter glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That frosting! YOur cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a temptation.. Glad its not right here in front of me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not that I don't like banana cake, I do. But pass me the frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know about Bunny's banana cake pictures, but yours look pretty delish to me! That frosting drizzling down the sides.... Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bundt cake is my favorite cake! Yours looks moist, sweet and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. brown butter glaze??? count me in! such a beautiful bundt cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That frosting is just right!! The thicker the better ,I loved it! I'm so glad you liked the cake, yours looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come back often. Thank you for your comments!